Banana Cream Pie
Diabetic + Heart Healthy
A low-fat ready-made crust makes this Banana Cream Pie quick and easy. This pie is so creamy no one will ever guess it's low fat and under 200 calories a slice.
- 1 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tbsp boiling water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced bananas (about three medium bananas)
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker pie crust
- In a cup, mix gelatin and boiling water together, and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg yolks and milk together. Pour in a saucepan, add sugar and flour, and whisk thoroughly until sugar and flour dissolve. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Stir in vanilla and gelatin.
- Arrange banana slices on graham cracker crust and pour pudding over top. Cover and refrigerate until pudding has set, about 3 hours.
- Tip: Arrange extra banana slices on top of the pie just before serving to avoid bananas browning.
Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Sodium: 262mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 8g
Copyright 2016-2023 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Health eCooks™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017