The Memorial Hospital Auxiliary was organized in October, 1957 on the first anniversary of the opening of the hospital. Its purpose is to promote and advance the welfare of Memorial Hospital by assisting patients and hospital personnel; developing good public relations; and aiding in the purchase of needed equipment through fundraising activities.
Volunteers are an integral part of the team at Memorial Hospital. By supplementing the care provided by our clinical staff, they help make a hospital stay as pleasant as possible for patients and their families.
As a volunteer you’ll have the opportunity to make new friends, develop new interests, share your unique talents, and most of all, enjoy the satisfaction that comes from helping others.
The Auxiliary serves in the following areas:
- Information Desk: direct patients and visitors, deliver newspapers and flowers
- Admitting: escort patients, deliver documents throughout the hospital
- Gift Shop: sell gift items, cards, flowers and other essentials
- Cath Lab Waiting Room: provide information and support to families
- Surgery Desk and Waiting Room: keep families informed of their loved one’s status and location
- Pre-Admission (Pre-Op: provide non-clinical services for staff and patients
- Wound Care Center: provide non-clinical services for staff and patients
- Coffee Service: serve coffee and tea to patients and visitors
We provide an orientation to help our volunteers become more familiar with the hospital facility and policies and procedures. New volunteers are paired with experienced members for on-the-job training.
Memorial Hospital hosts special events each year for its volunteers. Hours and longevity awards are given in the fall and installation of officers takes place in the spring.
Learn More About Becoming an Auxiliary Volunteer At Memorial Hospital
To learn more about volunteering at Memorial Hospital, please call (661) 327-4647 ext. 4454.