Mercy Hospitals was built by members of the community that wanted to make a difference.
Ways to Give
Friends of Mercy Foundation
Gifts to the Friends of Mercy Foundation have helped provide for the changing health care needs of our community by constructing buildings, enhancing programs, purchasing new medical equipment, funding scholarships, supporting community outreach efforts, and much, much more.
If you'd like to learn more about the Friends of Mercy Foundation, visit SupportFriendsofMercy.org.
Become a Volunteer
The volunteers of Mercy Hospital Downtown and Mercy Hospital Southwest play a very important part in our healing ministry, supporting our staff and providing a “personal touch” for our patients and visitors.
Volunteers are an integral part of our staff. Our volunteers include teens, college students, working adults, and retirees. The purpose of serving is to extend extra non-clinical care and compassion to all people who enter our doors.
Why Be a Volunteer
Volunteering is a tremendously rewarding experience and people choose to volunteer for many different reasons. Volunteers at Mercy Hospitals are part of a unique team of individuals dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients, families and the community.
The personal rewards of volunteering are many:
- You may develop an interest in a medical profession or a particular skill.
- Volunteering provides valuable observation or service experience that you may need when applying for jobs, scholarships and college admissions.
- You might want to try something new.
- You will be contributing to patient care and customer service.
- You can be a role model and mentor for your work ethic and skills.
- You can make a difference and give back to your community.
- You can make lifelong friends.
- Volunteering benefits your mental health and helps to prevent loneliness and isolation while giving you a feeling of purpose.
What Do Our Volunteers Do?
Volunteers perform essential services in nearly all departments at Mercy Hospitals. Your volunteer assignment will be based on your interests, abilities, schedule, and where your help is most needed. Some of the areas where you can provide valuable assistance are:
- Gift Shop
- Information Desk
- Pet Therapy (additional certification required)