Get Your Life Back
Mercy Medical Group doctors and staff are committed to
getting you back to an active lifestyle.
Mercy Medical Center’s orthopedic doctors specialize in diagnosing, treating, and preventing injuries and diseases of the body’s musculoskeletal system, which includes bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, and muscles.
Center for Total Joint Replacement
Our orthopedists’ goal is to help you return to full activity and the healthy lifestyle you are accustomed to through our orthopedic treatment options. At Mercy Medical Center, we specialize in knee, hip, and shoulder replacement, and offer a range of joint replacement services.
Our orthopedic services team includes surgeons, specialists, therapists and technicians. We have the expertise to provide the appropriate level of care for your needs. In fact, we are designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement for demonstrating expertise in knee and hip replacement surgery.
Pre and Post Surgery
- Post-surgical care planning
- Non-surgical procedures
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
Orthopedic Program Features
- Board-certified orthopedic surgeons
- An approach to pain management that allows for the best results with the least amount of side effects
- A calm environment for your recovery, with therapy sessions conducted only steps from your private room
- State-of-the-art implants, custom devices, and surgical options
Conditions We Treat
At Mercy Medical Center, our orthopedic doctors provide specialty care for a wide range of conditions. Our expert team of orthopedic surgeons, specialists, nurses, X-ray technicians, and physical and occupational therapists are working together to get you back to doing the things you love. Full Range of Orthopedic Treatments We Offer:
- ACL knee reconstructive surgery
- Arthritis and osteoporosis management
- Torn ligaments, sprains, and strains treatment
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Fractures and dislocations
- Degenerative Joint and Bone Disease
- Back conditions such as ruptured disks, sciatica, and lower back and neck pain
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Hand, wrist and elbow surgery
- Total Hip replacement surgery
- Total Knee replacement surgery
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder Replacement
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement
- Orthopedic physical therapy
Award Winning Care
Blue Distinction Center
The Blue Distinction Centers for Knee and Hip Replacement are part of a national designation program given by Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies to recognize hospitals and medical facilities that have demonstrated expertise in delivering better overall outcomes for knee and hip replacement patients. Mercy Medical Center is proud to have one of these qualifying programs to offer comprehensive inpatient knee and hip replacement services, including total knee replacement and hip replacement surgeries.
Awarded Advance Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement by the Joint Commission
The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® for Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacements is for Joint Commission-accredited hospitals, critical access hospitals and ambulatory centers seeking to elevate the quality, consistency and safety of their services and patient care
Mercy Medical Center was awarded this certification in 2018. It is a distinguished honor that we are 1 of the 14 hospitals and ambulatory centers (over 3000) in California to achieve this certification.
Total Joint Coordinator
Having someone who can help guide you through the surgical experience from before, during and after your hospital stay is important. At Mercy Medical Center, our Total Joint Coordinator is available to focus on you, answering any questions and providing the support you need.
- Answer any questions before, during, and after your surgery.
- Facilitates communication with your Total Joint Care team, including surgeons, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, pharmacists, and care coordinators to create a care plan and support your needs during recovery.
- Provide an ongoing assessment of your needs and communication any changes to your Total Joint Care team.
- Provide basic information about private insurance, Medicare, and Medi-Cal coverage that can affect your acute and post-hospital care.
For more information about our Total Joint Patient Navigator, please call 209.564.5667.
The Steps Program is a comprehensive, planned course of treatment designed especially for the joint replacement patient.