At St. Joseph's, our neurological team works together to deliver excellent patient care for an array of neurological disorders and injuries.
Comprehensive Neurological Care
Neurology involves the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and diseases of the brain, spinal cord, and nerves. St. Joseph's team of orthopedic surgeons, neurologists, intensivists, interventional radiologists, oncologists, radiation oncologists, and anesthesiologists understand the importance of balancing clinical expertise with compassion for patients suffering from neurological disorders. Working together with other Dignity Health hospitals, our patients have access to neurosurgeons with advanced expertise.
Our Primary Stroke Center is certified by the Joint Commission and designated by San Joaquin County EMS. We are focused on improving the long term outcome for stroke patients and providing community awareness and education.
Visit the Joint Commission web site to learn more about certification.
Neurological Disorders or Injuries We Treat
- Brain tumors
- Bulging discs
- Carotid blockages
- Carpal tunnel
- Cervical disc
- Instability of spine
- Pinched nerves
- Ruptured/herniated disc induced by injury
- Spinal cord
- Ulnar nerve entrapment
- Vascular blockages
Neurosurgical and Spine Surgical Procedures We Perform
- Adult deformity correction and reconstruction
- Anterior cervical discectomy
- Cervical arthroplasty
- Cervical corpectomy
- Cervical fusion – Occipital, also Occipitocervical fusion (OCF)
- Cervical fusion with bone graft and plate
- Cervical fusion with cages
- Cervical laminectomy
- Cervical posterior foraminotomy and discectomy
- Lumbar arthroplasty
- Lumbar corpectomy
- Lumbar decompressive laminectomy
- Lumbar fusion – minimally invasive direct lateral
- Lumbar micro discectomy
- Minimally invasive tubular procedures
- Pain management
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint fusion
- Spinal cord stimulator placement
- Spine surgery
- Vertebral body tumor ablation
Call 800.677.4491 to get connected to a doctor that's right for you.