Restore Your Heart Health with Cardiovascular Treatments in Central California
Has your doctor recommended treatment for your cardiovascular condition? Dignity Health Central California hospitals offer many treatment options to restore your heart’s functions and relieve your symptoms.
Our doctors rely upon advanced diagnostic protocols to pinpoint the exact cause of heart and blood vessel conditions and recommend the most appropriate care. If your condition requires surgery, your surgeon will choose from a range of treatments — from minimally invasive procedures to open heart surgery — to select one with the lowest risk and best chance of success.
Want to know if you are at risk for heart disease? Take our free heart risk assessment and discuss your results with a Dignity Health doctor to find out if you need cardiovascular treatment in Central California.
Cardiovascular Treatments Performed at Dignity Health Central California
Cardiovascular treatments can correct many different heart conditions, relieve your symptoms, and improve your quality of life. Common cardiovascular treatments include:
- 3-D Mapping — tracks your heart’s electrical activity to identify the source of a heart arrhythmia.
- Ablation — arrhythmia-causing cells are selectively destroyed. Cryoablation uses extremely cold liquid to accomplish the same goal.
- Angioplasty — procedure to improve blood flow to your heart by inflating a tiny balloon inside your blocked coronary artery.
- Cardiac catheterization — a catheter equipped with a tiny camera is used to literally look inside your chest.
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery — portion of healthy artery is harvested from your arm or leg to replace the blocked section of a coronary artery.
- Endovascular stent — small, cylindrical tube implanted inside a blocked coronary artery to improve blood flow to your heart.
- Heart transplant — procedure to replace a diseased heart with a healthy one.
- Left ventricular assist device — mechanical pump implanted into your chest to help your heart work better.
- Open heart surgery — any surgery that exposes the heart through a large incision in the breastbone.
- Pacemaker — an implanted device that helps your heart keep a normal rhythm.
- Thrombolysis — medication used to dissolve blood clots.
What to Expect from Recovery
Almost all cardiovascular procedures are performed in one of our state-of-the-art hospitals or surgical centers. A multiple-day stay in a special cardiac intensive care unit is typically required after a major surgery. Minimally invasive procedures may only require an overnight hospital stay.
Your heart care team will provide detailed instructions for home care when you are ready to be discharged. With surgery, you will likely have some physical limitations through the initial part of recovery — discuss these before surgery, so you can plan ahead. Typically, minimally invasive procedures have shorter recovery periods than open heart surgery.
At Dignity Health Central California, we consider health as more than the absence of disease. Learn about our holistic approach to medicine and our care with humankindness.
Dignity Health Central California provides expert cardiovascular treatments in Bakersfield, Merced, San Andreas, and Stockton, CA.