No one wants to hear the word cancer, but if you do, the expert doctors
and cancer specialists at St. John’s Regional Cancer Center are
dedicated to your health and healing.
St. John's Regional Cancer Center
When dealing with a cancer diagnosis, we know how hard it can be to coordinate the various aspects of your care. At St. John’s Regional Medical Center, we provide you with access to everything you will need during your treatment. We are here to help when you need us most. Our mission is to provide the highest quality cancer care for every patient who walks through our doors. Our whole body and mind approach integrates wellness practices alongside the latest therapeutics and procedures in a unique multidisciplinary approach. So much more than just medicine goes into treating our cancer patients. We are proud to be award-winning leaders in cancer care, providing the latest innovative treatments. We are an accredited breast center recognized by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, a Quality program of the American College of Surgeons.
Integrated Breast Center
- Multidisciplinary team of breast specialists
- 3D Tomosynthesis and other advanced imaging technologies for all breast tissue types
- Breast tumor board
- Certified Breast Nurse to coordinate care
- Personalized care plans
- 1 of 39 centers accredited by the NAPBC in California
- Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Recipient of local and national grant awards including from the Avon Foundation, BRA, Plastic Surgery Foundation, and Meadowlarks
Breast cancer is the most common cancer and the second leading cause of death for women in the United States. Dignity Health St. John’s Hospitals want to emphasize the importance of taking the necessary steps to detect this disease in its early stages, beginning at age 40 and continuing annually.
Don’t let a busy life get in the way of early detection. Schedule your mammogram today by calling our Imaging Center at 805.988.0883.
Lung Screening Program and Center for Thoracic Oncology
- Multidepartmental team: thoracic surgery, oncology, pulmonology, radiology, and pathology
- Non-invasive and minimally-invasive techniques
- St. John’s team now has access to an Endobronchial Ultrasound Bronchoscopy (EBUS). The EBUS is a minimally invasive procedure used in the diagnosis of lung cancer, infections, and other diseases causing enlarged lymph nodes in the chest. Learn More
- Thoracic tumor board
- Latest advances in diagnosis including Electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy
- Low dose CT scan
- Designated as a Screening Center of Excellence by the Lung Cancer Alliance and a Lung Cancer Screening Center by the American College of Radiology
- Lung Screening and Lung Cancer Frequently Asked Questions
Our Cancer Services
At St. John’s Regional Medical Center we are committed to providing you with compassionate cancer care that empowers you with knowledge, and aims to extend and improve your quality of life. We use an integrative approach to tackle all cancer cases. St. John's Regional Cancer Center offers support, services, and resources for cancer patients and their families.
Our cancer program provides:
- The latest evidence-based treatments
- Genetic counseling
- Clinical trials
- Certified Cancer Rehabilitation with PT, OT, ST, and therapy after lymphedema
- Palliative and pain management
- Cancer registry
Weekly Tumor Board – Patient cases are presented and discussed by cancer care team to determine the best treatment plan and ensure coordinated care
Oncology Nurse Navigator – Provides a point of contact and guides patients through the entire treatment process, from the initial diagnosis to the survivorship stage and beyond
Radiology Services –Advanced imaging technologies
General and Plastic Surgery
- Multispecialty Board Certified surgeons
- Minimally invasive tumor removal and reconstructive surgeries
Radiation Oncology – Nationally recognized leaders providing precise radiotherapy
Free Cancer Care Services
- Oncology nutrition counseling
- Emotional counseling
- Support groups (Bilingual options)
- Jennifer Diamond Cancer Resource Library
- Wig and prosthesis fittings
- Kid's Circle
- Relaxation therapy, art expression, yoga, and stress management
- Smoking cessation program
- Survivorship planning
- Community education
- Outreach programs
- Healing gardens
Survivorship Training and Rehab (STAR)– Program introduces physical, psychological and spiritual rehab to assist cancer patients improve the quality of life before, during and after cancer treatment.
Meet Our Cancer Center Staff
Oncology Nurse Navigator
Alicia Zaragoza, NP-C
Certified Nurse Practitioner specially trained to personally guide patients and their families through the entire course of cancer treatment.
- Collaborates with entire medical team to create a customized, individual treatment and recovery plan.
- Certified Breast Nurse for breast cancer cases.
- Speaks fluent English and Spanish.
Susan J. Speer, MS, RD, CSO, FADA
Certified Oncology Nutritionist to provide integrated nutritional care with a holistic approach tailored to your specific needs.
Diane Martell, LMFT
Licensed therapist to help patients and their families cope with a cancer diagnosis. Individual, family or group sessions available.
Kathryn Burnham, PA-C
Certified genetic counselor to assess your cancer risk and provide a personalized plan of action.
Cancer Center Annual Report
Every year, the Cancer Center publishes an Annual Report designed to build community awareness of our cancer services. The report is an overview of the cancer program, as well as data on specific cancer tumor sites.
Click here to view the Cancer Center Annual Reports.