More than a century of experience and years of scientific research have taught us that medicine is more effective when delivered with humankindness. That's what California Hospital Medical Hospital nurses deliver.
Practice nursing with a dynamic team
In the heart of downtown Los Angeles we are embedded in a community that is rich with diverse cultures, values and beliefs. As CommonSpirit Health nurses we work together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing. We are committed to improving the health of those we serve delivering safe, compassionate and culturally competent care.
If you are considering a career change please explore our available positions for registered nurses at Dignity Health California Hospital Medical Center on the CommonSpirit Careers site by selecting the Dignity Health logo and enter Los Angeles for the location.
Registered Nurse Specialty Training Programs
CHMC supports the professional development of nurses for new graduate training and for ongoing development in transition programs such as in critical care or emergency nursing. We offer specialized training also in labor & delivery, neonatal. obstetrics, pediatrics and perioperative services.
Registered Nurse Residency Program - Making your professional goals a reality
- The RN Residency Program establishes the skills and confidence of the new graduate to ensure best care and outcomes in practice. We provide a mixed learning experience, including classroom, simulation and bedside orientation with preceptors to facilitate the transition to professional practice.
- This is an opportunity for the new nurse to develop a strong foundation in acute care practice. Other nurses share their knowledge, experience and commitment to providing care that facilitates health and healing.
- We are pleased to share information on the RN Residency Program. Applicants must have graduated from an accredited program in the past 12 months.
Accepting applications for summer.
For New Graduate Applicants you must submit additional documentation.
- Statement of interest in CHMC and why you became a nurse
- Unofficial transcript from last semester
- Attach resume including community experience
California Hospital Medical Center is a Designated Primary Store Center, a Level II Trauma Center and Level III NICU for Southern California.