Support and Compassion In Times of Need
Our Palliative Care Team includes specially trained physicians, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and spiritual care providers who work with you, your family and the primary care physician involved to ensure an outstanding and consistent course of care.
When a loved one is critically ill, the entire circle of family and friends is affected. California Hospital has a very special and compassionate Palliative Care team that supports the needs of the patients and families who are facing a progressive, life-limiting health condition.
Palliative Care can be introduced at any stage during the course of hospital care. We recommend that patients and families consult with our Palliative Care team as soon as a condition is determined serious and life-limiting.
- Helping patients live as fully and as comfortably as possible
- Managing pain and symptoms through pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical treatment
- Identify and relieve feelings of emotional stress, anxiety and / or depression that may occur throughout the grieving process
- Preserve the dignity of our patients
- Assist in the making of ethical decisions regarding medical care
- Address spiritual needs and concerns
- Identify community resources for additional support for caregivers
Learn More About Our Palliative Care
We're here for you 24/7. For more information, please call 213.748.2411.