At Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta, our team of licensed therapy professionals uses specialized treatments to provide physical, speech, and occupational therapies – both to our hospitalized patients, and to patients referred by their doctors to our outpatient rehabilitation centers. It is our goal to help patients gain their highest level possible of independent function for daily living. Our individualized care plans are tailored to meet each patient’s specific therapy needs.
Our physical therapists evaluate and treat problems with muscles, the skeletal system, and the nervous system. We offer hands-on treatment of soft tissues and joints, heat, cold, sound waves (ultrasound), electrical stimulation, mechanical traction, and more. We carefully select exercises to promote healing, improve posture and movement, and prevent re-injury.
We can help patients:
- Alleviate pain
- Improve stamina
- Restore optimal motion, strength, and coordination
- Resume many daily activities, work, and play
- Return to sports and outdoor activities
Our occupational therapy team helps patients perform daily living activities that may have been affected by injury, illness, or disease. We can help redesign tasks that may have become difficult to do, promoting healing and maximum use of the body. We can also help modify home and work environments as needed.
Our therapists help patients:
- Find creative ways to overcome movement disabilities
- Improve thinking tasks important to daily life, including the use of memory, reasoning, and problem solving skills
- Return to work safely and quickly through industrial rehabilitation and work conditioning programs
Get a Referral Today
Talk to your doctor for a referral to our program today. If you don't have a doctor, call 888.628.1948 or use our search tool to Find a Doctor.
Our team helps correct speech and language difficulties and promotes independent communication. Treatment usually involves re-learning how to use the muscles needed to speak. We also offer specialized treatment and diagnostics for patients who have lost the ability to swallow safely.
Our program can help our patients:
- Improve or restore the ability to speak following a stroke or brain injury
- Improve problems with swallowing