Redding, CA. - May 7, 2019 - On Wednesday, May 8, nurses in the North State will be honored for their heroic actions. Fifty nurses were nominated under different categories including:
- Advanced Nursing Practice and Population Health
- New Knowledge, Innovation, Research and Improvement
- Exemplary Professional Practice
- Advancing the Profession
- Community Service, Volunteerism and Partnerships
- Transformational Leadership
All of these nurses have shown exemplary care and selfless acts of kindness for patients. One of the nurses nominated went above and beyond the call of duty after going to pick up a patient’s son from school so he could have the opportunity to spend those last moments with his mother.
Heroes in Nursing Selection committee consisted of various medial and collegiate professionals in the North State.
When: Wednesday, May 8
11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Where: Holiday Inn Convention Center
1900 Hilltop Dr., Redding
Schedule of Events:
- 11 a.m. -12 p.m.: Networking and vendor display booths
- 12 - 12:10 p.m.: Opening remarks by Allison McHugh, Mercy Medical Center Redding Chief Nursing Executive Officer and Sr. Brenda O’Keeffe Dignity Health North State V.P. Mission Integration and Spiritual Care Services
- 12:10 p.m.: Carol Huston, Keynote Speaker
- 1:00 p.m.: Question & Answer Session
- 1:10 p.m.: Heroes in Nursing Awards Presented
# # #
About Dignity Health North State
Mercy Medical Center Redding, St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Red Bluff, and Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta are Dignity Health North State hospitals sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of Auburn. The hospitals are passionate about patient care, committed to community outreach, advocates for the underserved, and dedicated to delivering quality, affordable health services to those in need. In 2018, the Dignity Health North State Hospitals cared for more than 90,000 people and provided more than $21 million in community benefit to the region we serve. The hospitals also offer a broad array of outpatient services and the senior services of Connected Living. Visit www.mercy.org to learn more.