Join the Mercy Guild – a 50 plus year tradition. We have nearly 300 volunteers who commit their time and energy to the Mercy Medical Center Redding community. Make a difference – find your place among the Mercy Guild.
Benefits Of Being A Volunteer
Volunteers at Mercy Medical Center Redding continually report that they feel a sense of satisfaction and self-worth when they give their time. In addition to knowing you are helping others, volunteers benefit from the camaraderie and lifelong friendships they develop in the program. Volunteers receive a complimentary meal for each shift served. They can also receive a free annual flu vaccine when available.
Volunteers Make A Difference In Many Areas
- Center for Joint and Spine Health
- Clerical Services
- Courtesy Coffee Cart
- Courtesy/Transportation Shuttles
- Cuddle A Reader Program
- Emergency Department
- Escort Service
- Gift Shop
- Information Desk
- No One Dies Alone Program
- Outpatient Oncology Services
- Snuggler Program
- Student Volunteer and Adult Advisors
- Surgery and Recovery Desk
Each year our volunteers raise approximately $50,000 for our patient care units. Supporting Mercy Redding financially is a big part of being a successful volunteer.
Requirements Of Volunteers
- Embody and demonstrate the values of Mercy through dignity, collaboration, justice, stewardship and excellence
- Enjoy working with people
- A commitment to the Mercy Guild
- Commit to a minimum of 100 hours annually (Typically one 4 hour shift a week)
- Pass an annual tuberculosis test
- Pass a background check
- Obtain an annual flu vaccination
Meet One of Our Volunteers
Rosie has been a volunteer for 50 years..Read her story
How To Apply
Please complete the on-line application for student or adult or stop by the Hospital Main Lobby Information Desk Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. to pick up an application. For additional questions, please call (530) 225-6468 or e-mail [email protected].
Learn More About Volunteer Opportunities If you are interested in sharing your time and talent with us, please call us at (530) 225-6468 or email [email protected] Your message will be answered in a few days.
Volunteers interested in supporting Mercy Hospice, please call (530) 245-4073.
Volunteers interested in helping our seniors can look into working with Connected Living, please visit Senior Services.