Stroke care is close to home through Telestroke Services at Mercy Medical Center Redding, St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Red Bluff, and Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta.
Our telehealth network brings together highly specialized doctors and state-of-the-art robotic technology to offer patients immediate access to life-saving medical care. Available 24/7, the network connects patients, their family, and doctor to on-call stroke specialists at the Sacramento-based Dignity Health Neurological Institute via two-way live video/audio and image sharing technology
How It Works:
- The attending doctor reviews the patient’s condition and determines the need for additional evaluation.
- The Telemedicine robot is moved to the patient’s bedside.
- The attending doctor and patient speak directly to a Dignity Health Telemedicine Network specialist.
- The specialist reviews the patient’s scans and performs a consultation.
- The specialist and attending doctor determine the best treatment plan for the patient.
Most patients are treated right here, in our Stroke Center. In serious cases, the latest interventional therapy and comprehensive care is provided by the Dignity Health Neurological Institute in Sacramento.
Learn More About Telestroke At Mercy Medical Center Redding
For more information about neurological care, please call (530) 225-7365. For a physician referral, call (888) 628-1948 or use our search tool to Find a Doctor.