Join the Mercy Guild – a 50 plus year tradition. We have nearly 300 volunteers who commit their time and energy to the Mercy Medical Center Redding community. Make a difference – find your place among the Mercy Guild.
Benefits Of Being A Volunteer
Volunteers at Mercy Medical Center Redding continually report that they feel a sense of satisfaction and self-worth when they give their time. In addition to knowing you are helping others, volunteers benefit from the camaraderie and lifelong friendships they develop in the program. Volunteers receive a complimentary meal for each shift served. They can also receive a free annual flu vaccine when available.
Volunteers Make A Difference In Many Areas
- Center for Joint and Spine Health
- Clerical Services
- Courtesy Coffee Cart
- Courtesy/Transportation Shuttles
- Emergency Department
- Escort Service
- Gift Shop
- Outpatient Oncology Services
- Snuggler Program
- Student Volunteer and Adult Advisors
- Surgery and Recovery Desk
Each year our volunteers raise approximately $50,000 for our patient care units. Supporting Mercy Redding financially is a big part of being a successful volunteer.
Requirements Of Volunteers
- Embody and demonstrate the values of Mercy through dignity, collaboration, justice, stewardship and excellence
- Enjoy working with people
- A commitment to the Mercy Guild
- Commit to a minimum of 100 hours annually (Typically one 4 hour shift a week)
- Pass an annual tuberculosis test
- Pass a background check
- Obtain an annual flu vaccination
Meet One of Our Volunteers
Rosie has been a volunteer for 50 years. Read her story
How To Apply
Please download and complete the appropirate application below (for student or adult) or stop by the Hospital Main Lobby Information Desk, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. to pick up an application.
For additional questions, please call (530) 225-6468 or e-mail [email protected].