New visitation policy
On Friday, September 10, we changed our visitation policy at SNMH to accommodate one visitor for non-infectious inpatients. Please note, we do not allow visitors for COVID-19 patients and any other infectious isolation patients. You can view the new policy here.
A snapshot of the policy:
- Inpatients - 1 visitor for non-infectious, non-isolation patients
- Outpatient procedures/visits - 1 visitor in designated waiting areas for outpatient procedures
- Emergency Department - 1 legal guardian for patients under the age of 18
- Pediatric patients - 2 designated visitors
- Special circumstances - 2 designated visitors for patients on comfort care or with dementia or other intellectual or developmental disabilities or cognitive impairments
- Family Birth Center - 1 designated birth partner or coach and doula during labor and delivery and 2 visitors during postpartum recovery 1 at a time
Please note: We continue to require all visitors to show proof of either COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test (taken within the last 72 hours).
At Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital we realize how important visitors are to the healing of our patients. We welcome visitors 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Due to patient safety requirements we must honor some restrictions in the following areas:
- Whenever possible please limit two visitors to a room
- Only parents are allowed in the Nursery
- Only brothers and sisters of newborns are allowed in the Women, Infants & Children's Unit
- We encourage parents of pediatric patients to stay 24 hours a day
- If you have a cold, fever, rash or other indication of an infection, please do not visit a hospitalized patient
- If you bring food for a patient, please let the patient's nurse know
For more information on visiting hours, please call (530) 274-6000.