Dignity Health Cancer Institute of Greater Sacramento voluntarily participates in the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) Commission on Cancer (CoC) review process. Accreditation by the CoC demonstrates our ongoing commitment to quality cancer services and patient care.
Integrated Network Cancer Program, an American College of Surgeons Accreditation
Approval by the CoC ensures that our patients have access to:
- Quality care close to home
- Comprehensive care offering a wide range of state-of-the-art cancer services
- A multispecialty team approach to coordinate the best cancer treatment options available to cancer patients
- Ongoing research and information about cancer clinical trials, education and support
- Lifelong patient follow-up through a cancer registry
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
- American College Of Surgeons Commission On Cancer
Visit the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) Commission on Cancer (CoC) for more information about program accreditation and patient resources.
Accredited Breast Program by American College of Surgeons
In August 2021, Mercy San Juan Medical Center was designated an Accredited Breast Program by American College of Surgeons.
That means that you have access the most up-to-date and comprehensive breast care and you will receive:
- Comprehensive, personalized, and coordinated care provided by a team of specialists
- Continuous improvements in the quality of your care Information about clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to breast cancer-related information and education
- Mental health support, financial guidance, survivorship care, and other long-term services
- Ongoing monitoring of care and lifelong follow-up