Dignity Health Heart and Vascular Institute of Greater Sacramento is home to two of Sacramento's hybrid cardiovascular catheterization/surgical suites, the most advanced environment for minimally invasive and complex cardiology surgical procedures.
Hybrid Catheterization/Surgical Suites in Northern California
Our hybrid catheterization/surgical suites are located at Mercy General Hospital and Mercy San Juan Medical Center. They combine the advantages of two worlds in one flexible space:
- The high-definition imaging capabilities of a catheterization lab
- The advanced surgical equipment of a full cardiovascular operating room
Hybrid Catheterization/Surgical Suites: Advanced Cardiac Technology
Hybrid cardiovascular catheterization/surgical suites offer the capability to do diagnostic and surgical intervention in one space. This provides a higher level of efficiency and safety for certain high-risk procedures. Our specialized suites provide an environment for optimal patient outcomes by fostering collaborative treatment planning and options.
Procedures we perform in these suites include:
- Advanced aortic aneurysm repairs
- Peripheral vascular procedures
- Pacemaker and defibrillator lead extractions
- Certain types of cardiovascular surgery
- Transcatheter Valve Therapy
Benefits of Hybrid Catheterization/Surgical Suites
Hybrid catheterization/surgical suites can provide unique and innovative benefits to physicians and patients:
- Rapid response. We can diagnose you and then offer immediate surgical treatment, without delay or moving to a different room or area of the hospital.
- Proximity. A hybrid cath lab has all the equipment for both catheterization and surgical procedures in one suite, so cardiologists and physicians can act quickly and improve patient outcomes.
- Accuracy. Surgeons have the ability to view their work immediately following surgery by performing an angiogram, which allows them to make sure grafts are in place and blood is flowing properly.
Cardiovascular Cath Procedures at Dignity Health Heart and Vascular Institute of Greater Sacramento