Family planning services help individuals and couples make informed decisions about conception, pregnancy, and childbearing. At Dignity Health Southern California hospitals, our doctors and staff work with a team of nurse practitioners, genetic counselors, and other specially trained health professionals to provide complete family planning services.
Use our online Find a Doctor tool to meet with one of our caring, supportive doctors for comprehensive family planning in Long Beach, Northridge, Downtown LA, Glendale, and San Bernardino, including urgent care in Fontana and Highland. You can trust our care team to walk with you every step of the way throughout your family planning journey.
Reasons for Family Planning
Our experts at Dignity Health Southern California recommend family planning services if:
- You are trying to get pregnant or trying to avoid pregnancy.
- You are older than 35, since the risk of pregnancy complications and birth defects increases after age 35.
- You have a family history of birth defects, miscarriage, or stillbirth.
- You have a family history of inherited disease. Genetic counseling can help you understand the chances of your child inheriting a genetic condition.
Family Planning Services at Dignity Health Southern California
Our wide range of services for family planning include:
- Contraceptive counseling. Your doctor can help you choose the contraceptive option that best meets your needs and reproductive goals.
- Genetic counseling. Our specially trained genetic counselors can help you understand any genetic risks to your child. If you have a family history of disease or are from ethnic backgrounds with an increased risk of disease, you may benefit from genetic counseling.
- Preconception counseling. Working with a doctor before conception can help you maximize your health and increase your chance of a healthy pregnancy and birth.
What to Expect from Our Family Planning Services
When you come to a Dignity Health Southern California hospital for a family planning visit, your doctor will ask you questions about:
- Your medical history
- Your partner’s medical history
- Your family medical histories
- Past experiences with pregnancy and birth
Your doctor may perform a physical exam and order tests to help them identify possible risks and recommend next steps.
Make an appointment with our family planning experts today to begin exploring your options.
Our experienced Dignity Health doctors offer supportive family planning services in Southern California.