When A Heart Attack Happens, Every Minute Counts
When it comes to treating someone who has suffered a heart attack, nothing is more important than access to expert care. Scientific studies have shown that survival rates depend on rapid diagnosis and equally rapid treatment to open a closed artery. In medical terms, this is called “door to balloon time,” or D2B. The American College of Cardiology states that less than 90 minutes is key. At French Hospital, we’re consistently below 90 minutes.
Heart Disease Specialists
We’ve been helping and healing hearts since 1981. We’re currently home to San Luis Obispo County’s leading heart care specialists. Our Emergency Staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have the technology needed to accurately – and quickly – diagnose and treat your heart disease.
French Hospital Medical Center opened the Copeland, Forbes and Rossi Cardiac Care Center in 2007. Our team includes:
- Cardiac Surgeons
- Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Interventional Cardiologists
- Interventional Radiologists
- Vascular Surgeons
To date, we have performed more than 5000 open-heart procedures and 19,000 cardiac catheterization procedures.
Our skilled nurses and other specially trained health care professionals all specialize in one thing: Helping you recover from a heart attack or heart disease.
Cardiac Services Features
French Hospital Medical Center offers award-winning cardiac services. Click the links below to learn more about our hospital’s unique cardiac features which include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced Surgical Suite: Hybrid surgical suite equipped with the latest cardiac technology.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program: A rehab program specific to cardiac patients.
- Chest Pain Center: Staffed with cardiac specialist with the latest in cardiac diagnostic tools.
- Electrophysiology: Specializing in diagnosing and treating electrical disorders of the heart.
- STEMI Designation: The only hospital in SLO County designated to treat ST-Segment Elevated Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) heart attacks.
- TAVR: The first Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) program and the most experienced team on the Central Coast. This is an innovative alternative to open heart surgery.
Dignity Health is proud to offer the HealthAware Program. These free and confidential online risk assessments measure your current health status and identify those medical or lifestyle conditions that may lead to the development of certain health conditions.
Knowing if you're at risk of developing heart disease can help keep you healthy.
Take our free online HeartAware Risk Assessment now.
Learn More About Our Cardiac Services
To learn more about our services and how we can help, please call us at 805.542.6238 or use our online feature, Find a Doctor.