Volunteers at French Hospital Medical Center are the heart of our hospital. Our Volunteers share a common spirit, a desire to use their life experiences, education and concern for others to support our patients, visitors and staff.
Our volunteers, numbering approximately 200 strong, give generously of themselves, each one contributing toward the smooth operation of many hospital services.
Volunteers benefit from:
- Education on how to be a great goodwill ambassador.
- Satisfaction in knowing that you make a difference to patients and staff.
- Expanding your life experiences and skills.
- Rewarding change of pace from your regular routines.
- Meet other volunteers and staff who may become good friends and associates.
What are the qualifications to be a volunteer?
- Dependable, interested in helping others, and have a positive attitude.
- Be in good health to perform assigned tasks. A tuberculosis test and background check with valid social security number.
- Must be able to work at least four hours per week.
- Junior Volunteers (Volunteens) must be at least 16 years old and able to work at least 2 hours per week.
Where can you volunteer?
- Front desk reception
- Hearst Cancer Resource Center
- Escort and Messenger
- Office work
- Surgery waiting desk
- Various hospital departments
To apply as a hospital volunteer:
You may pick up a Volunteer Application at the Volunteer Front Desk located in the Front Lobby, or you may download the application here.
After completion, please return the application to the Volunteer Front Desk located in the Front Lobby or you may also email completed applications here.
For More Information
For more information on volunteer opportunities call (805) 542-6240, or e-mail it to Scott Anderson at [email protected].