The Learning Institute and Simulation Center at St. Joseph’s is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for CE Provider Accreditation.
This ensures our healthcare professionals, academic and community partners receive education, training, and feedback using evidence-based education practices. We are also accredited by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSIH) for teaching and education.
The Learning Institute provides CE credits for nursing education to meet certification or licensure requirements. Education services eligible for nursing CEs include:
- Classes, conferences, and symposiums
- Nursing CEs are most widely used for routine classes, conferences, and symposiums throughout the Arizona Division. These education activities may occur multiple times per year and only one application is required.
- In-services and competencies
- In-services and annual competencies are also eligible for nursing CEs. It’s a myth that “mandatory education” is not eligible for CE credits.
- Meeting and shared governance
- If learning is happening, then nursing CE credits can be collected. Don’t hesitate to apply for CEs for your regularly scheduled staff and/or shared governance meetings.
For more information on how to apply for nursing CEs or if you have any questions about Nursing Continuing Education, please contact our Arizona Division Education Administration Office or Lead Nurse Planner at (602) 406-2220 or email ANCC CE Provider Lead Nurse Planner at [email protected].