Family Medicine Medical Home
The term “Medical Home” can mean many different things. At St. Joseph’s, it has been defined as: A process by which the physician and the patient are cooperatively involved in ongoing health care management , working towards the goal of high quality, cost-effective medical care.
What does this mean? Integrated care that is centered around each, individual patient.
Medical Home Goals
The goals of St. Joseph’s medical home are to provide patients with:
- A personal physician who is responsible and knowledgeable
- Physician directed care, rather than leading with other types of healthcare providers
- Care that looks at the whole person, including behavioral health and social issues
- Coordinated and integrated care – from primary medical care to subspecialty needs
- An approach focused on high quality care and a safe environment
- Enhanced access to care, which allows for care after normal business hours and on Saturdays
The medical home allows for care for patients designed to help them control their current health issues, help prevent future issues, and deter them from using the emergency room as their primary access to care.
Find a Family Care Doctor
To find a doctor in our family medicine medical home, please call (602) 406-7564.