Specializing in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of cardiomyopathy with medication, necessary devices, and surgery.
Dignity Health St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center has earned the 2020 American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes St. Joseph's commitment to ensuring heart failure patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines founded in the latest scientific evidence. The goal is speeding recovery and reducing hospital readmissions for heart failure patients.
Mechanical Circulatory Support/LVAD Program CMS Certification
Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center is proud to announce the certification of its left ventricular assist device as destination therapy (D)T program by the Center for Medical Services (CMS).
Conditions & Treatments
Advanced heart failure team offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment services for end stage systolic heart failure/cardiomyopathy. Our team—which includes specialists in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiovascular Medicine, Palliative Medicine, Pulmonary, Critical Care, Pharmacy, Nephrology, Infectious Disease, Social Work—will work with you to determine the best course of treatment for your condition. Our state-of-the-art facilities allow us to offer both medical and surgical treatment options for our patients.
What We Treat
The Advanced Heart Failure team clinicians specialize in cardiomyopathy that includes:
- All types of heart failure
- Decreased ejection fraction
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Advanced coronary artery disease with low ejection fraction
- Advanced valve disease with low ejection fraction
- Inherited disorders that cause heart failure
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Infiltrative Cardiomyopathy: Cardiac Amyloidosis
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia (ARVD)
- Advanced heart failure related to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Cardio-Oncology: Heart failure related to cancer therapies
- Cardiac sarcoidosis
- Cardiogenic shock
Learn More About How We Treat Heart Failure
Make an appointment to see us. Call (602) 406-8307.
Norton Thoracic Institute
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
500 W. Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85013