Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center
Search our network of neurologists in Phoenix and schedule your appointment today
The Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center (MAP)C is a comprehensive resource center for patients and family members dealing with Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders. Recognized as a National Parkinson Foundation Center of Excellence, the MAPC has been at the cutting-edge of Parkinson’s treatment and research since 1997.
Remembering Muhammad Ali: 1942-2016
Specialized Care For Parkinson’s Disease
The MAPC’s team of neurologists and other healthcare professionals specializes in diagnosing and treating movement disorders—illnesses that cause symptoms, including:
- Abnormalities of gait, balance and coordination
- Involuntary movements (tremors or jerky movements)
- Slowness or interruptions in movements
- Abnormal posturing
- Twisting or stiffness of the limbs
While designated a Parkinson’s center, the MAPC also specializes in disorders that include Huntington’s disease, essential tremor, ataxia and more.
Advanced Treatment Options For Parkinson’s Disease
Our specialists have dedicated their careers to learning more about movement disorders—and developing better treatments. Parkinson’s center staff are involved in clinical trials and research into the causes and treatments of these debilitating disorders. Our physicians have specialized training in administering botulinum toxin, managing deep brain stimulation and in evaluating patients for deep brain stimulation surgery.
Additional resources for patients and family members include:
- Educational opportunities, including Parkinson’s 101 seminars, conferences and online materials
- Recreation therapy activities—such as dancing, golf and yoga—to help treat and reduce physical disability, social isolation, depression and other symptoms commonly associated with chronic diseases
- A Resource Center with computers, a variety of books and videos and specially trained staff to help answer questions
- Support groups, educational materials and more offered in both English and Spanish
If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease or another movement disorder, or believe that you may have a movement disorder, contact our Parkinson’s center today for an appointment.
Learn More About The Barrow Parkinson’s Center
For more information, visit the official Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center page or call (602) 406-6262.