Home | Current Volunteers | Summer Junior Volunteer Program | Online Orientation / Compliance Training
Volunteering in the Central and West Valley Market is an excellent way to serve your community while gaining additional life experience. Our volunteers have a great sense of pride that comes from helping those in need and they enjoy having the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those individuals they encounter. Additionally, our volunteers are instrumental in promoting a positive patient experience and they play an important role in our mission as we strive to consistently provide quality care to all of our patients.
Here at Dignity Health we believe in the power of humankindness. Our Volunteer Services Department firmly believes that acts of kindness have a tremendous impact on the health and well-being of our patients, families and visitors. Our volunteers are in a unique position to contribute in this regard because they have the opportunity to interact with a variety of people on a daily basis and demonstrate acts of kindness with each encounter that they have.
We have a variety of opportunities available for those considering becoming a volunteer. Some of those opportunities include:
- Greet and assist patients, family members and visitors at our many information desks
- Provide directional assistance to patients and escort them through the hospital
- Visit with patients and family members throughout the hospital
- Assist with special events and special projects
How to Apply to be a Volunteer
All volunteers must be willing to commit to the following requirements to serve at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center:
- At least 18 years of age
- Must serve at least one 4 hour shift per week for at least 3 months
- Participate in an interview to assess areas of interest
- Complete Online Orientation and Compliance Training
- Onboarding requirements include Background Check and Employee Health screening
If you are able to commit to these requirements, please follow this link:
Once we receive your application, we will contact you within 48-72 business hours with initial steps of your onboarding process.
Submitting the application gives Volunteers the opportunity to serve in the Central and West Valley Market, which includes the following areas:
Opportunities for Junior Volunteers:
Summer Junior Volunteer Program
This six week program is designed to give our Junior Volunteers a taste of what a career in the Medical Field might look like.
Learn More About Volunteering at St. Joseph's
For more information about volunteer opportunities, please email Mario Medina ([email protected]) or call (602) 406-2677.