Summer Junior Volunteer Program
Home | Current Volunteers | Summer Junior Volunteer Program | Online Orientation / Compliance Training
Each summer, Dignity Health’s Central and West Valley Junior Volunteer Program provides teens with a unique opportunity to make a difference in their community. This program offers a rewarding experience that includes helping others, making new friends and learning about healthcare career opportunities! Our junior volunteers will develop new skills, meet new people, observe patient care professionals, and better compete for college scholarships/admission.
Many patients choose Dignity Health because we are committed to providing a kinder, gentler hospital stay, and you get to be a BIG part of that. Junior Volunteers serve during the summer in many areas including:
- Information Technology
- Copy Center
- Information Desk
- And other areas as needed around the hospital environment
What is a Typical Day?
At Dignity Health, Junior Volunteers help with various tasks around the hospital, including helping in the nursing areas, answering phones at the information desk, assisting with miscellaneous office duties, making patient beds and helping visitors and patients get around our campus. This experience offers the opportunity for teens to gain self-confidence and improve their communication skills, while making a difference in people’s lives.
To be considered for the program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a high school student between the age 14 through 17 (must be age 14 prior to May 1, 2023).
- Must be available to volunteer at least one 4-hour shift per week for the duration of the 6 week program
- Must demonstrate desire to assist patients and families, be responsible, interested in learning, and work well within a team.
How to Apply
If you are interested in participating in this program, please fully review the application before completing it.
There are three documents required to submit alongside your application, a parental consent form, and two reference forms to be completed by teachers, counselors, or community leaders who know the student well.
- Parental Consent Form
- Junior Volunteer Reference Form (2 completed references forms due at interview – they must be completed by teachers or counselors from your high school)
- Photo Consent Form (not required for application, but must be completed if accepted into the program)
Once you have all of your resources ready to submit, please complete the application in its entirety:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN VOLUNTEERING IN OUR SUMMER JUNIOR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM! WE LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING YOU JOIN US!
For more information, please email us or call (602) 406-2677