If you received neurorehabilitation for a neurological injury, illness, or surgical procedure, you may need home health services as part of your outpatient rehab and care.
As part of a comprehensive approach personalized treatment, Dignity Health provides compassionate home health care in Arizona. Providers of home health may include doctors, nurses and nursing assistants, physical and occupational therapists, and personal caregivers. To learn more about our home care services, Find a Doctor at Dignity Health.
Why Home Health Care May be Necessary
Your doctor may suggest home care after you leave an inpatient rehab program, an outpatient rehab center, or a long-term care facility.
Home care providers can help you with:
- Recovery from surgery
- Rehabilitation after a stroke or infection
- Medication management and monitoring
- Daily living tasks
Home care services make it possible for you to get the care you need in the comfort of your own home, instead of in a hospital or rehab facility.
Types of Home Health Care Offered at Dignity Health
The home health services you receive will depend on your condition and the type of treatment or care you need.
Therapists may provide assistance with:
- Adaptive devices that help with daily life
- Learning mobilization and transfer techniques
- Recommendations for making the home safe and easily accessible
Nurses may visit regularly or as needed in order to:
- Change dressings
- Provide ostomy and catheter care
- Assess and monitor pain and symptoms of illness or injury
- Prepare and give medications through injections or an intravenous (IV) line
Nursing assistants and personal caregivers may visit for the purposes of:
- Bathing, toileting, and personal care
- Meal preparation
- Preparing and giving medications under the nurse’s supervision
- Helping transfer or support while walking
Getting Started With Home Care
If your doctor has given you a prescription for home care, most insurance providers (either private insurance or Medicare) will cover all or most of the cost. After you contact Dignity Health for home health services, a coordinator will visit you to assess the type of care you need and how often you need it.
Dignity Health provides home health care services in Arizona for people with a wide range of medical conditions and needs.