You are an important member of the care team for our patients. We want to make your visit as smooth as possible while keeping the environment safe for our patients and staff. All guidelines are for your safety and the safety of our patients and staff, and must be followed during your stay. If you are not able to follow these rules, you may be asked to leave.
Inpatients and outpatients may have one designated visitor per day. Exclusions apply for COVID-19+ patients. Some exceptions apply (see below). Any other exceptions must be authorized by the nursing supervisor.
- Visiting hours are 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily
- Visitors must wear a hospital issued N95 mask at all times when in the hospital and in patient rooms.
- Visitors must be five years or older.
- Visitors must remain in the patient’s room or appropriate waiting room areas, and not in any other indoor public spaces.
- Visitors may use the public restroom or purchase food and drinks “to go” from the hospital café. Visitors may not eat in the patient’s room.
Exceptions to Visitation
- Exceptions are allowed for pediatric patients and patients with physical, intellectual, developmental disability, or cognitive impairments. Cognitive impairment is defined as someone who has trouble remembering, concentrating, communicating or making decisions that affect their ability to receive medical care.
- Imminent End of Life: May have a total of two support persons/visitors which may rotate throughout the day. A maximum of four people may visit per day.
- NICU and Pediatrics: Two parents/guardians may visit at the same time.
- Birth Center: May have two designated visitors over age 16.
It is strongly recommended that all visitors test for COVID-19 and have a negative test result prior to entering the facility, regardless of vaccination status.
People with any of the following symptoms should not visit the facility: Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea..
If social distancing cannot be maintained in the lobby, clinical staff may request that visitors wait outside.
COVID-19 positive patients
- COVID-19 positive patients visitors are restricted. End of life patients may have two support persons/visitors per day. Visitors must comply with current PPE and physical distancing policies. Visits will be limited to two hours.
- Information will be given to the visitor by the nursing supervisor prior to the visit that outlines the risks, benefits and alternatives to an in-person visit.
- Visitors should not be present in the room with a COVID-19 positive patient during an aerosol-generating procedure.
Package Deliveries for Patients
Due to patient safety and liability concerns, Dominican Hospital cannot accept package deliveries for patients. Packages delivered to the hospital for patients (from Amazon, etc.) will be returned to the sender.
For the safety of patients and visitors, we strictly adhere to the one designated visitor per day rule. Please check with the patient’s primary family/representative prior to visitation as this may impact the ability of others to visit.