Occupational therapy helps you to improve the way you perform every day activities such as bathing, dressing, eating, writing, cooking and other tasks that may be challenging as one ages or recovers from illness or injury.
Our occupational therapists use their skills to help patients develop, recover, or maintain activities of daily living and work skills when they have a physical or cognitive disorder.
Occupational Therapy Treatment Plans May Include
- Cognitive, perceptual and visual screenings to help rehabilitate the skills required to pay bills, grocery shop, return to driving and return to work
- Identify and eliminate environmental barriers to independence and participation in activities of daily living
- Energy conservation post injury/illness or cancer related fatigue
- Custom splint fabrication
- Recommendations on adaptive equipment and usage training
- Guiding patients, family members and caregivers in lifestyle and health management to help reduce stress and increase independence
- Coordination activities
- Edema management
- Joint protection
- Sensory stimulation or desensitization
- Therapeutic Exercise
To Request an Assessment
Please contact your physician for a referral. Many insurance companies cover our services, including Medicare, private insurance and Workers Compensation.
Learn More About Occupational Therapy at Dominican Hospital Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
For more information about Occupational Therapy at Dominican Hospital Outpatient Rehabilitation Center or to make an appointment, please call (831) 457-7057. Fax number: (831) 457-7071