The Infusion Center at the Cancer Center at St. Mary’s Medical Center offers infusion services in a patient-friendly environment. With more than 50 years of experience in infusion therapies, including chemotherapy, our center strives to offer the best experience possible under what can be difficult circumstances.
When you visit the St. Mary’s Infusion Center, you may expect a private treatment area and to be cared for by experienced, certified nurses. We offer reclining chairs and flat-screen TVs, a complimentary lunch and even complimentary van service in San Francisco (for patients meeting criteria). We’ll validate your parking, too.
Our highly trained staff spends hours with you, so you can get to know and trust your nurses. This familiarity fosters a healing environment for you and your loved ones.
Our Infusion Services
Our Infusion Center provides the following services:
- Blood transfusions and vaccinations
- Cancer treatment chemotherapy and side-effect-prevention treatment administered via injection or I.V. infusion
- Fluids for dehydration or minor procedures
- Treatments for non-cancerous issues such as osteoporosis and gastrointestinal, respiratory and blood disorders
Learn More About The Infusion Center
For more information about our infusion services, please call (415) 750-2900.
PrEP Clinic: PrEVENTING HIV
The PrEP Clinic at St. Mary’s accepts most insurance, including Medi-Cal.
Simple Steps to get PrEP:
- Ask your provider to contact St. Mary's Medical Center for a PrEP referral: oral tablets once a day OR ventrogluteal injection six times a year. If your provider needs to learn how to make a referral, contact the pharmacists Gary or Julia: 415-750-5717 or 415-750-5635, who will coordinate care.
- Once the referral is made, St. Mary's will contact you to make an appointment to establish care at the clinic and confirm eligibility.
- For patients who have private insurance, please obtain a copay card from the manufacturer: Apretude OR Descovy
- Therapy can begin once eligibility is confirmed.
- This process may take several weeks
St. Mary’s Medical Center
2250 Hayes Street
(Basement level in the Cancer Center)
Open Monday - Friday by appointment only.
San Francisco AIDs Foundation
San Francisco City Clinic