At St. Mary’s, our radiation oncologists use precision technology to treat cancers such as:
- Breast cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Lung cancer
- Prostate cancer
We use this precision technology to treat cancer patients of all diagnoses, utilizing sophisticated treatment planning programs with Vision RT, MIMvista software, 3D-CT based conformal radiation therapy, intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and image guided radiation therapy (IGRT).
Radiation Oncology Services
Our excellent equipment, top-notch integrated computer system and electronic medical records systems combine both radiation therapy and chemotherapy treatment schedules. System coordination ensures patients have seamless care. Our services include:
- Advanced Imaging Simulation and Therapy Planning – Advanced IMRT/3D treatment planning systems can integrate multiple sources of imaging information, achieving the most precise oncology treatments possible.
- Brachytherapy – Brachytherapy is a method of delivering radiation to tumors by placing radioactive sources within tumor tissue.
- High Energy Linear Accelerator Therapy – Featuring highly accurate technologies for therapy, the department’s linear accelerator represents speed, accuracy and safety in treatment.
- IGRT – Image Guided Radiation Therapy is a technique that involves giving precise targeted conformal radiation treatments, guided by specialized imaging tests, just before the patient is to receive his or her daily treatment.
- IMRT – Intensity-modulated radiation therapy is an advanced mode of high-precision conformal radiotherapy that utilizes sophisticated treatment planning programs to deliver precise radiation doses to a cancer tumor while limiting doses to adjacent normal tissues.
- MimVista – State-of-the-art computer that works in tandem with your treatment planning system. It allows us to take two different targets (a tumor volume before and after shrinkage, for instance) and merge their differences into a new treatment plan.
Learn More About Radiation Oncology At St. Mary’s Medical Center
For more information, please call (415) 750-2906. For a physician referral, call (866) 914-3627 or use our search tool to Find a Doctor.
Details & Directions: St. Mary's Medical Center Radiation Oncology Department