Home | Goals of the Program | Curriculum | Compensation and Benefits | Faculty | Residents | Family Care Clinic | Community Description | Application Process | Interview Information | Clerkship | Additional Program Information | UC Davis Family Practice Network | Videos
Mercy Merced Family Medicine Residency Program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) and will only accept applications through Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). U.S. medical students may contact their Dean’s Office or visit the ERAS website at www.aamc.org/eras for information. IMGs need to contact the ECFMG at the address provided below.
The ERAS application process for the academic year 2023-2024 starts on September 28, 2022.
In order to ensure the best interview date, please submit all application materials no later than October 31, 2022. However, applications will be reviewed until the end of the interview season. Please note that all our interviews will be conducted via Zoom as a result of the pandemic.
RESIDENCY APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
A. All Applicants:
- ERAS application
- Dean’s letter & medical school transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one from a FP physician)
- Medical school graduation within the last five years
- Preferably a minimum Score of 200 or better on USMLE Steps 1 & 225 or better on Step 2 / 450 or better on COMLEX Level 1 & 2
- Maximum one failure in USMLE Step 1/ COMLEX Level 1 and USMLE Step 2-CK/COMLEX Level 2-CE
- No failures in USMLE Step 2-CS/COMLEX Level 2-PE
B. International Medical Graduates (IMGs). In addition to the requirements listed above, IMGs must have the following:
An ECFMG Certificate is required before you will be granted an interview. IMGs who have not yet graduated, must complete the application with the ECFMG. Interviews may be granted to IMGs without an ECFMG Certificate if they are currently enrolled in medical school and they meet the other application criteria. For further information please contact:
Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2685
Tel: (215) 386-5900
C. U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
Mercy Medical Center does not sponsor or accept any immigrant or nonimmigrant Visas. Non-citizens will be asked to provide a copy of a document that establishes employment authorization by the date of their interview. A list of acceptable documents can be found at: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf
D. We are part of the UC Davis Network of Affiliated Family Medicine Residency Programs and includes eight separate programs. If you are interested, you will need to apply to each program separately.
- Mercy Medical Center, Merced
- Valley Family Medical Center, Modesto
- Mercy Medical Center, Redding
- Shasta Community Health Center, Redding
- Adventist Health Ukiah Valley
- University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento
- San Joaquin General Hospital, Stockton
- David Grant USAF Medical Center, Travis AFB (Travis AFB does not participate in the NRMP, but through the military match instead)
The primary objective of the Family Practice Residency Network is to provide a rich graduate experience in family medicine which implements the principles of the American Academy of Family Physicians, the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education, and the American Board of Family Practice.