Mercy Medical Center provides a wide range of care and
education to help you breathe easy again.
Mercy Medical Center strives to provide patients with the highest quality of care, in addition to offering education on topics such as asthma management and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Our Respiratory Therapy team supports the hospital from the ER to the Family Birth Center.
Respiratory Therapy Services
- BIPAP therapy - used to help patients sleep by delivering pressurized air that keeps the throat muscles from collapsing by acting as a splint.
- Continuous ventilation - The ventilator is set to deliver a breath according to the doctor’s request.
- Chest physiotherapy - where breathing is improved by the indirect removal of mucus from the breathing passages of a patient.
- COPD education
- Fiberoptic bronchoscopy - a test to view the airways and diagnose lung disease.
- Incentive spirometry – used to help keep lungs healthy after certain surgeries or lung illnesses.
- Metered dose inhaler (MDI) treatments – uses a device that delivers a specific amount of medication to the lungs, in the form of a short burst of aerosolized medicine.
- Nebulized breathing treatments – changes medication from a liquid to a mist so that it can be more easily inhaled into the lungs.
- Oximetry - a procedure used to measure the oxygen level in the blood.
- Oxygen therapy - provides supplemental oxygen to patients who are unable produce enough oxygen on their own.
Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS)
Mercy’s Respiratory Therapy team now has access to an Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS). The EBUS is a relatively new, minimally invasive procedure used in the diagnosis of lung cancer, infections, and other diseases causing enlarged lymph nodes in the chest. Currently, we are proud to be one of the few hospitals on the West Coast to offer this proven highly effective procedure.
Learn More About Respiratory Therapy Services
For more information about any of our services, please call and speak to the Respiratory Therapy Director at 209.564.4973.