Accreditation, Ratings & Awards
What you need to know about COVID-19
End of Life Option Act
Mission, Vision, Values
Notice of Privacy Incident
News and Publications
Understanding Clinical Trials
Hello Humankindness Student Ambassador Program
Join us for the 22nd Annual Cancer Care Symposium for Health Care Professionals.
Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 credit. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A Medical Oncologist’s Perspective on Blending Technology and other Disciplines in Providing the Best Care for Patients with Pancreatic Cancer
Instructor: Sunny Philip MD, Oncologist, Stockton Hematology and Oncology Group
• Discuss how genetics is increasingly contributing to the diagnosis and treatment of patients with pancreatic cancer.
• Describe the differences in staging between borderline and unresectable locally advanced pancreatic cancer.
Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment Planning-Defining the Role
Instructor: Gurtej Malhi MD, Gastroenterologist, Dignity Health, St. Joseph’s Medical Center
• Examine the role of the GI Doctor in the management of pancreatic disease within the framework of the multidisciplinary team.
• Review of optimal interventional imaging and diagnostic tools being used for this disease.
What is the Surgeon’s Role in the Approach to Pancreatic Cancer; Including Metastases to the Liver?
Instructor: Brendan C. Visser MD, Associate Professor of Surgery, Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Surgery, Medical Director, Cancer Center GI Clinical Care Program, Stanford University School of Medicine
• Discuss how changes in the sequencing of treatment- when to initiate surgery and chemotherapy can improve median survival for many patients with pancreatic cancer.
• Analyze and discuss the PAC Resectability Scoring System (RSS) and how it may provide a more objective approach to treatment planning while also improving diagnosis and median survival for those with pancreatic cancers.
Register for the Cancer Care Symposium today by downloading the registration form and returning it, along with your payment to St. Joseph’s Learning Center, P.O. Box 213008, Stockton, CA 95213-9008. For more information, call St. Joseph’s Education Department at 209.467.6331.