Thanks to the generous support of community donors, St. Joseph's is able to help support the compassionate caregivers of tomorrow, by offering scholarships to students pursuing a career in the health care field.
Health Care Scholarship Program
Each year, St. Joseph's Medical Center and St. Joseph's Foundation of San Joaquin, offers scholarships to students currently enrolled in a health care field. These merit-based scholarships are funded by generous community donors, seeking to encourage, inspire, and support these outstanding students.
In order to be eligible to receive a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a resident of San Joaquin County (adjacent counties considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Be enrolled in a health care program offered by an approved institution
- Submit two letters of recommendation from current instructors or supervisors, or a combination of both
- Applicants must demonstrate success in current healthcare career course of study (i.e., first year of healthcare career courses), and consistently exhibit excellence in theory and clinical application.
- Applicant MUST include the following information with application - School name, student ID# and financial advisor’s name and phone number
Apply for a Scholarship
If you are currently enrolled in a health care program, and will be completing your first year in the program by June 2022, we invite you to apply for a scholarship. Any awarded funds will be sent directly to the educational institution for tuition and/or books in late summer. If you are graduating in the spring or summer of 2021, we ask that you do not apply.
Download and complete the Scholarship Application and submit it, along with all required materials (completed application, transcripts, two letters of recommendation, written statement, school name, student ID# and school financial aid information) between April 15, 2021 and May 14, 2021. Applications can be submitted to the address below.
Attn: Rae Charos, Vice President or Cathy Swenson, Executive Assistant
St. Joseph’s Medical Center - Administration
1800 N. California Street
Stockton, CA 95204
Please note: All funds awarded are made payable directly to the educational institution for tuition and/or books. Monetary awards will be released to the educational institution once St. Joseph’s Foundation has received a written thank you from the recipient.
For More Information
Give us a call at 209.467.6486 for more information about our Scholarship Program. To learn more about giving opportunities through St. Joseph's Foundation of San Joaquin, please call 209.467.6347.