Dignity Health Central Coast Hospitals Limit Patient Visitation
Updated limitations offer a protective measure against COVID-19, seasonal flu, and other flulike illnesses
CENTRAL COAST, CA – January 5, 2022 – For the health and safety of both patients and staff, Arroyo Grande Community Hospital, French Hospital Medical Center, and Marian Regional Medical Center are reinstating limited patient visitation. The following guidelines will be effective beginning today:
- One visitor, per day, may accompany a patient (with the exception of the Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Units at Marian Regional Medical Center)
- At the discretion of ER staff, one visitor may be permitted to accompany patients in the Emergency Department
- For labor and delivery, one care partner and a doula are permitted
- Special consideration is given on a case-by-case basis for compassionate care
- At Arroyo Grande Community Hospital and Marian Regional, the main hospital lobby and outpatient lobbies areas are closed to the public
- All visitors must be vaccinated or present a negative COVID-19 test performed within 72 hours of their visit
- Masks to be worn (covering nose and mouth) at all times while in the hospital
While we are taking these precautions to be compliant with federal, state, and local guidance, the health care and best interest of our patients and community remains our first priority. By limiting the number of people in the hospital setting, we are following the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidelines for reducing the spread of COVID-19.
About Dignity Health Central Coast
Dignity Health Central Coast is comprised of three award-winning hospitals, all recognized for their quality of care, safety and service, primary care offices, premier ambulatory surgery centers, technologically advanced imaging centers, outpatient services, and comprehensive home health services. Hospitals are supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to provide additional funding to support new programs and services, as well as to advance the community’s access to health care. For more information, visit dignityhealth.org/central-coast.
Publish date:Wednesday, January 05, 2022