The Integrated Breast Center at St. John’s Regional Medical Center, a Dignity Health hospital, will host their highly anticipated community breast health day titled “Empower Yourself: 8th Annual Breast Symposium” on Saturday, October 14th. This event held during Breast Cancer Awareness Month features health education, sharing, and pampering. Join us to learn about the latest scientific advances in breast care, personalized medicine, and mindful lifestyle approaches. We believe medical care should be tailored to your body, genes, and individual needs.
“Breast cancer is more than a diagnosis, and managing breast health involves more than just medical care,” says Dr. Lynn Jeffers, Medical Director of St. John’s Integrated Breast Center and Plastic Surgeon. “Our 8th Annual Breast Symposium aims to empower people with knowledge and shared experiences. Due to overwhelming community interest in this event, we are excited to move to the Serra Center where we can accommodate more attendees and expanded offerings.”
This public event is on Saturday, October 14 from 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Serra Center (5205 Upland Rd, Camarillo, CA 93012). Complimentary registration includes:
- Expert speakers on risk factors, genetics, nutrition, alternative medicine, imaging advances, immunotherapy, new radiation protocols, surgery options, reconstruction options, and managing life before, during and after a diagnosis.
- Popular breakout sessions will include Breast Reconstruction, Real Patient Stories, Survivor's Corner, and more.
- Expo booths with chair massage, bone density testing, breast health exhibits, door prizes, a skincare consultant, body care, jewelry, and boutique fashion.
- Catered breakfast and lunch.
- Lorraine Benavides - Patient Advocate
- Lisa Brand, MD - General Surgery
- Kathryn Burnham, PA-C - Genetics
- Lynn Jeffers, MD - Plastic Surgery
- Diane Martell, LMFT - Licensed Therapist
- Henry Montes, MD - Radiation Oncology
- Fairborz Mortazavi, MD - Oncology
- Behzad Noorbehesht, MD - Radiology
- Susan Speer, RD, CSO - Oncology Nutrition
- Alicia Zaragoza, NP-C - Oncology Nurse Navigator
To rerve your seat please call (805) 988-2641. Registration and the Expo open at 8:30 a.m., the speaker program begins at 9:00 a.m. All are welcome to sign up!
We warmly thank our incredibly generous sponsors: Victoria Morgan O’Connor Charitable Fund for Academic Excellence and Compassionate Care, City National Bank, Sientra, Advanced Motion Controls, and Ambry Genetics.