Awards and Recognitions
Board of Directors
End of Life Option Act
Expansion and Modernization Project
Our Mission, Vision, and Values
Physicians and Residents
Sponsorship Request Application
Volunteering at St. John's
ALL classes, support groups, and tours are postponed until further notice.
This class will help to prepare the expectant mother and her support person with knowledge for a positive birth experience. It will help you to understand pregnancy anatomy, preterm labor, and warning signs. You will learn techniques for relaxation, comfort measures, and the different options for your delivery. We will also help you understand the medical procedures that can happen during labor, the different stages of labor, stage interventions, and the complete birthing process. Parents will be taught newborn care information and the very latest in infant health and safety. Learn about cues, crying and comfort, eating, diapering and cleaning, sleeping, newborn appearance, breastfeeding holds, and hunger cues.
Can’t come to a childbirth class? We’ll bring it to you! Consider the Understanding Birth eClass your go-to guide for answers you can trust on childbirth. This interactive online course covers essential information on labor and more, and highlights ways partners can help throughout the process. You’ll also get a sense of what labor is really like as you watch several birth stories. You’ll even have an opportunity to create your own birth plan!
You can access the eClass from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection. Allow 4-6 hours to complete.
- Birth Stories
- Comfort Techniques
- Medical Procedures
- Cesarean Birth
- Videos, animations, and optional read-along audio
- Quizzes, interactive exercises, notes pages, and extended activities
- Essential tools, including a birth plan checklist and contraction timer
- Audio library with soothing sounds, lullabies, and relaxation exercises
- PDF library, glossary, and web links
- Class completion certificate
How it works:
- Once you purchase your seat in the eClass, we will email you login instructions.
- Once you log on, you will have 30 days to complete the course.
Call 805.988.2784 for information or to register for class.