Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Our hospitals are closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak and are in close contact with local health authorities. For more information for the public and healthcare providers on coronavirus, please visit the CDC and CDPH websites.
Remember to take everyday preventive actions that are always recommended to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands; germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
If You Feel Sick
If you feel sick with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, and have traveled to China or were in close contact with someone with 2019-nCoV in the 14 days before you began to feel sick, seek medical care. Before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms. When you arrive please put on a mask, located at the entrances.
The CDC is updating its website daily with the latest information and advice for the public. www.cdc.gov/ncov
If you have additional questions about the Coronavirus, we ask that you please reach out to our local health department:
San Luis Obispo County Health Department
Ventura County Health Department