Prostate cancer usually grows very slowly. Early detection often means your doctor will carefully monitor your condition before beginning medical treatment.
Effective prostate cancer treatment at Dignity Health Central Coast depends on the stage, your overall health, your personal preferences, and other factors. If you need prostate cancer treatment on California’s Central Coast, Find a Doctor today for health care with dignity.
Prostate Cancer Treatment Options at Dignity Health Central Coast
The treatment for prostate cancer depends on how quickly your cancer grows. While most prostate cancers grow slowly, aggressive ones require more active treatment.
At Dignity Health Central Coast, our doctors base prostate cancer treatment decisions on the cancer stage, the chance it will spread, and your personal wishes. Discuss these treatment options with your doctor:
- Watchful waiting is when your doctor carefully monitors your symptoms and health using biopsies and PSA blood tests. This option does not require active treatment unless something changes.
- Surgery removes your entire prostate gland and offers a potential cure. It may be done if the cancer has not spread outside your prostate.
- Radiation therapy offers a nonsurgical option for destroying tumors in your prostate.
- Chemotherapy uses drugs to slow the growth or destroy cancer cells.
- Cryotherapy eliminates the cancer cells by freezing them.
- Cancer vaccine is a type of immunotherapy for cancer. It strengthens your body’s immune system to fight cancer cells.
Your say is important in determining how to treat prostate cancer. Talk to your doctor to find out more about the goals, benefits, and side effects of prostate cancer treatments on the Central Coast of California. We’ll help you decide on the best option to heal your mind, body, and spirit.
The expert oncologists and nurse navigators at Dignity Health provide exceptional oncology services, including prostate cancer treatments, throughout California’s Central Coast.