From your first steps as a baby to hikes along the coast, your legs have carried you throughout the course of your life. If a venous problem causes pain or swelling in your legs, you can find relief with leg vein treatment on the Central Coast of California.
The cardiovascular experts at Dignity Health Central Coast can help relieve your discomfort and prevent serious complications. Find a Doctor today so your legs can continue to take you wherever you want to go for many years to come.
Keep Moving with Leg Vein Treatment at Dignity Health Central Coast
The most common venous problems affecting the veins in your legs are deep vein thrombosis (DVT), varicose veins, and chronic venous insufficiency. Dignity Health Central Coast cardiovascular experts offer a number of venous problem treatments options, depending on your specific condition.
Our doctors suggest you seek urgent treatment for DVTs since these can pose a significant danger to you, especially if a piece of the blood clot in your leg breaks off and travels to your lungs. Treatment options for this venous problem involves clot-dissolving medications and placement of a mesh filter to stop the clot from moving through your body.
For chronic venous insufficiency, your doctor may recommend:
- Compression stockings to reduce swelling in your legs
- Weight loss
- Minimally invasive procedures that remove or seal your damaged veins
- Physical activity
- Not standing or sitting for long times
- Stents to hold open major veins for increased blood flow
If you have bulging, bluish veins in your legs, you may be hesitant to show your legs. Our varicose vein treatments include:
- Laser procedures that lighten the veins’ appearance
- Lifestyle changes similar to those for chronic venous insufficiency
- Minimally invasive procedures to seal or remove problem veins
- Phlebectomy to remove varicose veins near your skin surface
You can help prevent venous problems by not smoking and living an active life. Contact Dignity Health Central Coast for quality venous problems treatment and prevention today.
Dignity Health can help keep your legs healthy through varicose vein treatment, spider vein treatment, and sclerotherapy on the Central Coast of California.