Treatment for Hormone Disorders on the Central Coast
Menopause and related gynecological conditions, such as hormone disorders, can trigger discomfort, moodiness, weight gain, and other symptoms.
At Dignity Health Central Coast, our team of women’s health specialists treat a variety of hormone disorders in Central Coast, CA. From diagnosing hormone imbalance symptoms to prescribing hormone replacement therapy, our doctors find effective treatment that is right for you.
Find a Doctor today to discuss hormone disorders, menopause, and hormone replacement therapy at Dignity Health Central Coast.
Relief from Hormone Imbalance Symptoms at Dignity Health Central Coast
Your hormones allow organs and tissues to perform certain functions. Hormones control growth and development, sexual function, fertility and reproduction, emotions and moods, and the breakdown of nutrients in your body.
If you have one of these common hormone disorders, compassionate care that treats your body, mind, and soul is found at Dignity Health Central Coast:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that can cause irregular periods, ovarian cysts, weight gain, and fertility problems.
- Thyroid disease includes hypothyroidism (too little hormone) and hyperthyroidism (too much hormone).
- Ovarian insufficiency, also called premature ovarian failure, occurs when a woman’s ovaries stop working before age 40.
Genetics, medications, tumors, and aging also can impact your hormone levels and lead to hormone disorders.
An expert in gynecological conditions and hormone disorders at Dignity Health Central Coast can help you understand hormone imbalance symptoms and treatment options.
Treatments for Hormone Disorders
Hormone disorders can leave you feeling not yourself. Our health care providers specializing in hormone disorders focus on the healing of your mind, body, and spirit so that you can feel yourself again.
To improve your quality of life, treatments can include:
- Lifestyle changes, including losing weight, increasing physical activity, and improving your diet, can ease the symptoms of many hormone disorders.
- Medication to control your symptoms and hormone replacement therapy can restore hormone levels.
- Fertility treatment and talking with a fertility specialist can help you explore your reproductive options.
- Surgery may be done to remove a tumor related to a hormone disorder.