At some point in your life, you’ve likely had an infection. An infection occurs when your body reacts to and tries to fight off bacteria, virus, or fungus. Women’s health infections range from the common cold and influenza to yeast and urinary tract infections.
Dignity Health Central Coast doctors provide personalize treatment for yeast infections and many other gynecologic conditions. If you have a women’s health infection on the Central Coast, Find a Doctor today to care for your physical, mental, and spiritual needs.
Effective Treatment for Infections at Dignity Health Central Coast
There are many germs that can cause an infection in your body. Usually, your body can protect itself from the risks of infection. The following things make a woman more likely to get an infection:
- Hormone changes. Your hormones can change during pregnancy and menopause, causing an increased risk of infection.
- Medications. Yeast infections can be caused by certain antibiotics. Corticosteroids and immunosuppressant drugs also increase your risk of infections.
- Foreign objects or materials. Bacteria and germs can enter the body on catheters, birth control items, and other items.
- Decreased immunity. Medical treatments for cancer or infection can lead to more infections.
- Medical conditions. Diabetes and other medical conditions can increase your risk of infections.
Pain, redness, swelling, and fever can indicate an infection. Talk to your doctor about signs or symptoms to protect your health and well-being.
Infection Prevention & Treatment
Good hygiene plays an important role in minimizing your chances of developing a yeast infection and other infections. You should wipe from front to back after using the bathroom, wear cotton underwear, urinate after sex, and avoid sitting in wet clothing.
Dignity Health Central Coast doctors will generally treat your urinary tract infection or other infection with an antibiotic or an antifungal medication. If you think you have an infection or need women’s health care on the Central Coast, schedule an appointment today for care with humankindess. Dignity Health doctors have a philosophy of care, dignity, and respect for treating common women’s infections throughout the Central Coast.