The clerkships are generally arranged in four-week blocks, beginning on a Monday and ending on a Friday (unless falling on a holiday). Clerkships are not offered in July. Early application is encouraged as the program can accommodate only a limited number of students. Most clerkship's involve two weeks of Family Practice Clinic and two weeks of inpatient care.
The following documents are required before your rotation can be scheduled:
- We must obtain an Affiliation Agreement with your medical school for students to rotate with us. Our program may already have an agreement in place. The Residency Coordinator will be able to tell you the status of your school's agreement
- A seven panel drug screening test - within the last six months provided by your school
- A background check provided by your school
- Documentation of Immunization History
- Documentation of Malpractice insurance for school and student
The residency has been here as an unopposed, community based, university affiliated program since 1975 and has a history of transforming healthcare delivery in rural northern California. It is not necessary to complete a clerkship to be considered for a position in the Residency Program.
Medical Student Clerkship Handbook
For further assistance regarding clerkships, please contact our office at (530) 225-6090, or email Kathy Waurig ([email protected]) or Lynda Phanh ([email protected]).