The Center for Joint and Spine Health at Mercy Medical Center Redding offers advanced physical therapy services for individualized, comprehensive care for a wide variety of musculoskeletal injuries, conditions, and chronic joint and spine disorders.
The Mercy Center for Joint and Spine Health program offers a progressive rehabilitation program that includes day of surgery evaluations and daily physical therapy sessions. Physical therapists and occupational therapists educate you and your family on how assistive devices, joint and spine protection, as well as energy conservation techniques can be used during your every day life. We call these activities of daily living. You call it living.
Conditions That Might Require Physical Therapy Include:
- Back injury/spine injury
- Musculoskeletal injury
- Orthopedic injury
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Recovery from joint replacement
- Repetitive strain injury/repetitive stress injury
- Traumatic injury
Our goal is to return you to your maximum functional capacity through an integrated approach to wellness.
Special Physical Therapy Services Include:
- Comprehensive evaluations and treatment of spine conditions, shoulder conditions, elbow conditions, knee conditions, hip conditions and ankle conditions
- Evaluation and treatment of acute injury, post-surgical rehabilitation, neurological rehabilitation, work-related injury and recreational orthopedic injury
- Heat therapy and cold therapy, ultrasound stimulation and electrical stimulation
- Injury prevention education by occupational therapists on spine mechanics, body mechanics and ergonomics
- Manual therapy, soft tissue therapy, neural mobilization and joint mobilization
- Neurological re-education to improve gait, transition movements and joint mechanics
Learn More About Physical Therapy At Mercy Medical Center Redding
For more information about cancer care, please call (530) 225-7759. For a physician referral, call (888) 628-1948 or use our search tool to Find a Doctor.