When you have a stroke, you want the latest technology at your doctor's fingertips. St. Elizabeth Community Hospital, along with Mercy Medical Center Redding and Mercy Mt. Shasta, is pleased to offer telestroke technology.
Our telehealth network brings together highly specialized doctors and state-of-the-art robotic technology to offer patients immediate access to life-saving medical care. Available 24/7, the network connects patients, their family, and doctor to on-call stroke specialists at the Sacramento-based Dignity Health Neurological Institute via two-way live video/audio and image sharing technology
How It Works:
- The attending doctor reviews the patient's condition and determines the need for additional evaluation.
- The Telemedicine robot is moved to the patient's bedside.
- The attending doctor and patient speak directly to a Dignity Health Telemedicine Network specialist.
- The specialist reviews the patient's scans and performs a consultation.
- The specialist and attending doctor determine the best treatment plan for the patient.
Most patients at St. Elizabeth Community Hospital can be treated locally, but if necessary, are transported by ground or air to the Stroke Center at Mercy Medical Center Redding for further assessment. In serious cases, the latest interventional therapy and comprehensive care is provided by the Dignity Health Neurological Institute in Sacramento.
Learn More About Telestroke At St. Elizabeth Community Hospital
For more information about neurological care, please call (530) 229-8000
. For a physician referral, call (888) 628-1948
or use our search tool to Find a Doctor