Are you dealing with an ongoing health condition? Are you taking care of someone with an ongoing health condition? Consider taking one of our free Healthier Living Workshops. Our interactive workshops are designed to provide education and support. These courses are helpful with feelings of isolation that are all too common in these times and with these conditions.
Each workshop is approximately 7 weeks long and will meet about 2 hours per week. Classes will be held via Zoom. You must have a webcam to participate. Click the link at the bottom of the page to stay up to date on class dates & times through our e-newsletter.
Healthier Living with a Chronic Health Condition
This program is designed for any adult living with chronic illness such as Arthritis, Asthma, Cancer, chronic pain, HIV, lung disease, Depression, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, heart disease, mental health struggles, obesity, Osteoporosis, stress, stroke or any other persistent condition.
- Managing symptoms
- The importance of exercise and muscle relaxation
- How to successfully handle problems such as fatigue, pain and isolation
- Effective communication with family, friends, and health professionals
- Managing depression
- Appropriate use of medication
Healthier Living with Diabetes
This program is designed for any adult living with Diabetes.
- Strategies of diabetes control
- Understanding risk factors and complications of diabetes
- Monitoring your body
- Integrating physical fitness into daily life
- Health management through meal planning
- Medications and medical care
- Diabetes and stress
- Social support
Healthier Living Fall Prevention Class
This program is designed to reduce the fear of falling and increase activity levels among older adults.
The program is designed to benefit older adults who:
- Are concerned about falls
- Have sustained falls in the past
- Restrict activities because of concerns about falling
- Are interested in improving flexibility, balance and strength
- Are age 60 or older, community-dwelling and able to problem solve
The program enables participants to achieve significant goals. They gain confidence by learning to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risk at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
**Virtual classes are open to anyone in Nevada County, Sacramento County, and Yolo County.