Methodist Hospital Visiting Hours and Guidelines
Methodist Hospital understands the importance of family and friends to our patients’ well-being. We openly welcome visitation according to the patient's wishes. We do not restrict visitation to specific hours; however, there are situations that may result in increased restrictions or limitations.
Visitation may be reasonably restricted, limited or denied in situations such as:
- A procedure or treatment is needed.
- Infection control issues present a concern.
- Respecting a patient’s need for rest and privacy.
- Visitors interfere with the care of other patients.
- Visitors engage in disruptive, threatening or violent behavior of any kind.
- Substance abuse protocols require restricted visitation.
- A court order limits or restrains contact.
Children who visit must be supervised by an adult other than the patient.
Masks are not required for staff, patients, or visitors, with the following exceptions:
- Masks are required for patients, staff and visitors in respiratory/droplet/airborne isolation areas.
- Visitors and patients are encouraged to wear masks if they are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness.
Thank you for your continued support to keep our community safe and healthy.
Around-the-clock patient and visitor parking is available free of charge on the hospital campus. Parking is permitted under the entry canopy at the main entrance for patients entering or leaving the hospital. Vehicles may not be parked in this area for more than five minutes and never at a red curb.
The cafeteria, located on the basement level and is open to visitors seven days a week during the following times:
Breakfast: 7 to 10 a.m.
Lunch: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
All Dignity Health facilities, including Methodist Hospital, have been smoke- and tobacco-free since 2011. Tobacco use and smoking is not allowed on the Methodist campus or at any Dignity Health facility. This includes in private vehicles while on hospital property. Employees and visitors may choose to walk off the campus to smoke.