Integrative oncology is a patient-centered, evidence-based field of cancer care that utilizes mind and body practices, natural products, lifestyle modifications and modalities from different traditions alongside conventional cancer treatments. At Dignity Health Cancer Institute of Greater Sacramento, we believe in helping guide our patients through their cancer journey while offering them the best of both conventional medicine and complementary modalities.
We offer a wide array of complementary therapies to our patients at no charge:
- Therapeutic nutrition counseling with an oncology-certified dietitian
- Patient and family counseling by a licensed marriage family therapist
- Hand and foot massage during infusion therapy by an oncology-certified
- Healthy snacks and food options in our infusion centers
- Music and healing images on infusion room TV monitors
- Rebecca Katz’s “Cooking for Cancer” booklet and videos on demand
- A take-home “healing binder” that includes an aromatherapy kit, nausea band, journal and calendar
- Visits by Mercy SOUL Dogs
- Music therapist visits to infusion rooms
- Yoga classes
- Six-week Stress Reduction and Mindfulness classes
Not all services are available at all locations.