If you are one of the approximately 10 million Americans who suffers from osteoarthritis of the hip, Mako Total Hip Replacement may be the best option to relieve your pain.
Am I a Candidate for Mako Total Hip Replacement?
If you suffer from degenerative joint disease and your pain no longer responds to medication and other non-surgical treatments, Mako Total Hip Replacement may be your next step. Your doctor may recommend this procedure if you experience:
- Pain while putting weight on the affected hip
- Limping to lessen the weight-bearing pressure on the affected hip
- Pain that may radiate to the groin, lower back, or down the thigh to the knee
- Hip pain or stiffness during walking or other impact activities
- Failure to respond to non-surgical treatments or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication
How Mako Total Hip Replacement Works
The Mako technology provides your surgeon with a patient-specific 3-D model to pre-plan your hip replacement. During surgery, your surgeon guides Mako’s robotic-arm based on your patient-specific plan. This helps the surgeon to focus on removal of diseased bone, helping preserve healthy bone, and assists your surgeon in positioning the total hip implant based on your anatomy.
Benefits of Mako
In clinical studies, Mako Total Hip Replacement resulted in:
- More accurate placement and alignment of hip implants based on the surgical plan
- Less likelihood of hip dislocation
- Reduced blood loss
- Replication of the feeling of a natural hip
- Preservation of healthy bone
Take the Next Step
If you think orthopedic surgery may be the solution for your pain, call Dignity Health in Sacramento at (916) 758-4774 for a referral to a Mako-trained specialist.